Company: The New Home Company Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The New Home Company is a new generation homebuilder focused on
the design, construction, and sale of innovative and
consumer-driven homes in major metropolitan areas in California,
Arizona, and Colorado. NEW HOME was named 2019 Builder of the Year
by Professional Builder and is a multi-year recipient of "The
Eliant" for Best Overall Customer Experience in the
multi-divisional buildersegment. In addition, NEW HOME has just
recently achieved the honor of a 2021 Top Workplace for Orange
County, California.At The New Home Company, we believe that PEOPLE
matter. The strength of our homes is built upon a foundation of
focused, energized, visionary and dedicated team members. Our goal
is to provide a workplace that supports you indoing the best work
of your life.Check out NWHM's 2020 Corporate Sustainability Report
more information on working at The New Home Company.Position Title:
Director, SalesPosition SummaryTo ensure homes are sold at the
established sales price and velocity while generating high levels
of customer satisfaction and to ensure the performance and success
of the sales team through the implementation of established
policies and procedures.Job Duties:Sales-Related Documents and
- Assemble, update and maintain all purchase documents and
disclosures for use by the sales counselors in order to provide the
broadest legal protection for the company.
- Work closely with the Division President to determine home
prices based upon market research and in accordance with the
financial goals and objectives of the approved Business Plan.
- Ensure the accurate preparation of all reports documenting
sales, traffic, etc. in accordance with established time
- Analyze sales performance according to the established company
measurement standards. The Sales Process:
- Assist sales counselors in resolving any issues which arise
during the buying process including loan qualifying and contingency
- Facilitate the resolution of buyer concerns involving the
appropriate departments as necessary.
- Work closely with Design and Project Management to review
pre-plot options and upgrades when necessary.
- Assist the sales team in the communities on weekends as
- Ensure model homes are maintained in "near perfect" condition
at all times.
- Conduct monthly sales meetings to celebrate successes, address
challenges and discuss ways to improve the sales process.
- Analyze the competition (both new home sales and resales) on a
regular basis and provide upper level management with reports and
- Seek new and innovative products, processes and services to
continuously improve home offerings to the luxury buyer in order
differentiate NWHM from the competition.
- Continually assess the appropriateness of the division's
competitive position in relation to product, pricing and
- Generate market and pricing analysis during the land
acquisition process. Management Philosophies and Practices:
- Promote activities which communicate, facilitate and
demonstrate the company vision, values and Systems of
- Assist the company in the continuing pursuit of leading-edge
management principles and philosophies.
- Communicate the company's and the division's goals to team
members in order to achieve all established objectives.
- Maintain a focus on the personal and professional growth of
team members and recognizing the importance and contribution of
every team member. People Management:
- Recruit and select well-qualified, high potential team members
for the sales department.
- Continuously educate and train department team members to
ensure they are capable of performing all aspects of their
- Conduct quarterly Growth Reviews on department employees and
develop internal or external training opportunities for any
identified areas of potential improvement.
- Handle any performance problems in accordance with the
established Performance Improvement Plan process.
- Effectively delegate problem solving and decision making
authority to the appropriate department team members and follow-up
to ensure satisfactory outcomes are achieved.
- Strive to achieve a high level of job satisfaction for all team
members and create a motivating environment for each employee.
- Provide leadership to sales and marketing team members by
modeling the company values, vision and operating principles.
- Monitor monthly management reports on pertinent employee
- Develop sales compensation and incentive programs and
communicate to management prior to implementation.
- Communicate with each sales counselor on a weekly basis to
review and track prospects.
- As necessary, handle terminations in accordance with the
established procedure. Managerial ResponsibilityDoes this position
supervise other employees? Yes Position QualificationsEducation
- A Bachelor's degree with emphasis in real estate, management,
or related areas preferred.Credentials/Certifications
- Research experience in evaluating market conditions and pricing
- 8+ years progressively responsible experience in the new home
- Demonstrated knowledge and progressively responsible experience
sales, marketing, escrow and supervision.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job in
accordance with corporate requirements and professional business
- A complete understanding of how activities impact profits and
losses in a home building company along with strong analytical
skills and the ability to focus on issues which may adversely
impact financial results.
- Strong organizational skills, people skills, management
abilities and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to work effectively with the pressures of meeting
budgets and schedules.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, establish priorities
and achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate, with experience in Windows, and
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task and possess a high
level of organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively delegate decision making and
problem solving authority, communicate clear performance
expectations and desired results, monitor performance and outcomes,
and provide ongoing feedback to team members.Base Salary:The
expected base salary range for this position is between $150,000 to
$180,000per year, depending on experience and skillset.Base Salary
is paid bi-weekly, every other Friday.Additionally, this position
is eligible for an annual bonus based on divisional and individual
performance.Benefits:In addition to competitive medical, dental and
vision coverage, The New Home Company provides comprehensive
benefits to eligible team members and their dependents, generous
paid time off policies, like vacation, holidays, sick leave, jury
duty, and bereavement; paid disability, parental and military
leave; company-sponsored and voluntary term life, AD&D, and
short- and long-term disability insurances; a 401(k) retirement
plan with bi-weekly employer matching of 50% up to the first 8% of
team member contributions; as well as a wellness incentive
program.The physical demands described below are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Similarly, the work environment
characteristics described are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical
ActivitiesThe activities that are essential to performing the
position duties include:BendingClimbingLifting From 1 (lbs) to 15
(lbs)ReachingSeeing Full Color VisionStanding Sitting Walking
HearingRepetitive Motion (i.e. Gripping)TypingTalkingEnvironmental
FactorsThe environmental factors involved with the job duties and
work location include:Normal OfficeHard Hat RequiredEye Protection
RequiredRespiratory Protection RequiredHearing Protection
RequiredSteel Toe Boots RequiredTraversing Uneven TerrainNoise
Level:Low to Moderate (Corporate/Sales Office Environment)The New
Home Company retains the discretion to add or change job duties at
Keywords: The New Home Company Inc., Roseville , Director, Sales, Sales , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!