Patient Care Technician - On Call Evening Shift - Roseville
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Patient Care Technician supports the work of the Registered
Nurse to meet the needs of patients in order to provide safe,
- Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, or designee, the
Patient Care Technician assists the work of the Registered Nurse to
meet the needs of patients in order to provide safe, quality
- Working as part of a team with the Registered Nurse, the
Patient Care Technician participates in providing patient care,
including: Implements progressive mobility guidelines (e.g.
patients in chair for meals). Ambulating, turning and repositioning
patients. Uses patient handling equipment in the tasks of lifting,
transferring, repositioning and transporting patients. As needed,
may also transport patients within the medical center and deliver
and pick up specimens and prescriptions.
- Assisting with activities of daily living, including but not
limited to: feeding, bathing, toileting, providing water, answering
the phone, and oral care. Within the Patient Care Technician duties
and responsibilities and dependant on the patient population,
assists the Registered Nurse with patient monitoring, including but
not limited to: obtaining, recording and reporting vital signs,
weights, and measuring and recording inputs/outputs. May perform
EKGs as required.
- In coordination with the Registered Nurse and other medical
center staff, will maintain a clean and safe environment by
providing a newly admitted patient with supplies (e.g. ICS/
Admission Kit), ensuring a clean and tidy bedside, and neat linens.
Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Under the direction of the Nurse Manager or designee, the
Patient Care Technician may act as a sitter to ensure that patient
safety needs are met. As a sitter, the Patient Care Technician will
assist the registered nurse assigned to the patient in providing
care including hygiene, nutrition, mobility, monitoring and engage
the patient in diversional and therapeutic activities.
- Supervisory Responsibilities : This job has no supervisory
- Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual
should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and
experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; treats
co-workers, patients, and facility visitors with respect.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification to ensure
that instructions and requests are fully understood.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; reads
and interprets written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Minimum six (6) months (out of the last 3 years) experience in
a hospital, clinic or in a SNF/Home Health setting as a nurse
assistant, care partner, medical assistant or student nurse with
one semester in a clinical setting.
License, Certification, Registration
- BLS required.
- A solid understanding of human anatomy, basic medical
terminology, and rehabilitation principles is desired.
- Experience requirement will be waived for Patient Mobility
Techs who are transitioned into this classification in 2009.
- Patient Mobility Techs who require training must successfully
complete an employer provided training program and will be given
six months to meet the requirements of the position.
- Current California State Nurse Assistant certification
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Roseville , Patient Care Technician - On Call Evening Shift - Roseville, Professions , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!