INVENTORY/QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day! by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In
addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells
products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox,
Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever,
Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo.
Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Manages and administers the overall inventory control, inventory
flow, and inventory accuracy processes for the distribution center.
Responsible for the analysis and publication of inventory reports
in addition to measuring and monitoring the cycle counting
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains/exceeds all inventory accuracy goals
- Publishes reports, analyzes data, tracks performance by area,
and determines problems and root causes; communicates results and
recommends appropriate action.
- Coordinates all functions of the statistical-based cycle
counting and estimated statistical sampling
- Maintains system data integrity.
- Ensures that date-sensitive products are checked for
expiration, quantities are correct, and exceptions are handled for
timely movement of goods.
- Sets up and/or changes the stock keeping unit (SKU) in the
strategic pick location.
- Ensures all cycle counts are scheduled and counting is
completed timely, accurately, and in compliance with standard
- Performs process or system testing as required to ensure
accurate adjustments and program measurement.
- Leads Mid-Year and Year End Inventory reconciliation
- Monitors and maintains proper documentation for Return to
- Develop budget and monitor expenses
- Analyze data to determine trends and staffing
- Monitor processes for Customs and S.O.P compliances
- Monitor transfer process to ensure variances are
- Ensure that vendor Non-Compliance issues are reported to the
Import Group with supporting documentation.
- Ensure the destruction of merchandise is secured an inventoried
for accuracy and Customs compliance.
- Monitor and maintain adequate trailer pool
- Ensure that containers are unloaded in a timely manner to
eliminate detention charges
- Ensure timely delivery of imports items to all DC s
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Two years experience in inventory control systems.
- Thorough knowledge of distribution center operations
- Through knowledge of customs regulations preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution
center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- May be exposed to extreme heat and cold, including freezers,
coolers and refrigerators for extended periods of time.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
APPLY ONLINE BELOW
Keywords: Dollar General, Roseville , INVENTORY/QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER, Professions , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!