Controls Technician / Electronics Technician
Company: H.B. Fuller
Posted on: October 16, 2020
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on
perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical
products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to
innovation brings together people, products and processes that
answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our
promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate
The Controls/Electronics Technician reports to The Facility
Engineer and has the shared responsibility of maintaining and
troubleshooting mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical equipment.
Employee will work with production to ensure minimal downtime to
complete repairs and preventative maintenance. Employee will
provide skilled mechanical and electrical support to all areas of
This role is based in our Roseville, CA location which manufactures
water-based polymer adhesives.
This individual will be involved in a variety of duties and
(other duties and responsibilities may be assigned)
* Full compliance with company safety processes and procedures
including LTT/LOTO as well as all CAL OSHA regulations.
* Complete calibrations of batch meters, temperature probes,
pressure transducers, and other measurement devices per established
schedule. They will make adjustments to measurement equipment as
necessary to bring equipment into calibration requirements.
* Inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs mechanical, hydraulic,
pneumatic and electrical equipment including but not limited to;
variable frequency drives, programmable controls, discreet
controls, power supplies, gauges, test equipment, and HVAC
* Responds to operator radio calls for troubleshooting and repair.
Execute work orders and preventive maintenance tasks as assigned by
* Install, start up and shut down equipment in accordance with
company safety procedures and CAL OSHA requirements.
* Required to work planned weekends, occasional off-shift, and
* Works with engineering team to plan and perform work on
production line upgrades and improvements that enhances safety
and/or improves productivity. Provides technical input in the area
of equipment operation.
* Provides training for production employees on new or overhauled
* Informs appropriate management and production personnel of
potential electrical/ mechanical problems and inherent dangers
* Maintains company-required procedures and records including but
not limited to; maintenance records, lockout/tag out procedures,
equipment lists, spare parts, and operational set points for
* Assists in management of maintenance inventory and spare
* Provide technical assistance for capital projects
* Responsible for the design, programming, diagnostics, and
maintenance of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Distributed
Control Systems (DCS), electrical/electronic controls,
process-related data acquisition/trending, operator interfaces,
* Associates degree or equivalent in related field
* 7-10 years of experience
* Experience using various programming software
* Experience with low-voltage controls systems (4-20 mA
* Ability to read blueprints, process control prints and
* Good knowledge of test equipment (oscilloscope, calibration
equipment, Volt-Ohm meters, electrical/electronic recording
* Welding Certificate
* Forklift Certificate
* Electricians License
* HVAC Certification
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to maintain good documentation
* Ability to perform with a minimal amount of supervision
* Ability to climb a ladder
* Ability to lift 50 lbs
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical,
dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid
holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus,
based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on
company and individual performance.
This position is required to stand for long periods of time, walk,
climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach
with arms extended and stoop. Employees regularly lift up to 50
pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency
resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not
forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B.
Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
For more information and to apply, go to:
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: H.B. Fuller, Roseville , Controls Technician / Electronics Technician, Professions , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!