Posted on: November 25, 2022
US0031 Sysco Sacramento, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Facilitate the efficient and timely delivery of customer orders
through the use of Roadnet software packages and associated
utilities in the generation of the best possible route solutions.
In addition, a router is responsible for creating routes that
adhere to hours of service and weight laws and regulations.
- Routing of all legitimate customer orders in the most efficient
way possible for multiple shipping facilities while under constant
time and accuracy constraints while adhering to established
procedures, protocols, and customer commitments
- Plans routes. This includes integrating new customers into
existing routes, determining where new routes and shuttle yards are
needed and planning for necessary route adjustments due to
- Analyzes existing routes for opportunities to reduced, miles,
delivery days and hours to improve cost control and consistency of
- Performs standard route maintenance to capture these
- Schedules drivers on a daily and or weekly basis to remain
within overtime guidelines and hours of service laws and
regulations including adjustments for volume and holidays.
- Also, maintain and provide accurate daily loading and door
information for the warehouse department
- Plans and prepares meetings and presentations for sales
management and the executive staff to communicate proposed service
areas and expense control opportunities
- Ensures compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and
other applicable regulations.
- Maintains Roadnet system
- Prepares reports for sales and management.
- Creates proposals for transportation management to improve
efficiency, customer service, and safety.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- College degree preferred.
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Excel).
- Analytical/Mathematical Skills.
- Accuracy, reliability and the ability to multi-task in a
- Can add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American
money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Able to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions
from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Professional Skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing
software and the ability to learn Sysco software and programs.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by
this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the
duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be
performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job
description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and
responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be
reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Roseville , Router, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!