Patient Services Supervisor II
Company: Western Sierra Medical Clinic - Grass Valley Site
Location: Grass Valley
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionWestern Sierra Medical ClinicJob Description
Patient Services Supervisor II JOB TITLE: Patient Services
Supervisor IIREPORTS TO: Senior Director of OperationsSUPERVISION
EXERCISED: Yes GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Patient Services
Supervisor II works under the direct supervision of the Senior
Director of Operations and manages the day to day operations of
patient services consisting of, but not limited to, reception staff
and clinical aides to ensure efficiency and that patients are
provided with high quality customer service and timely access to
patient services. S/he takes personal responsibility to stay
abreast of current policies and procedures, as well as maintains
proficiency in all patient access technologies. This role acts as
an advocate for the patient and also serves as a liaison between
other departments and personnel in a collaborative effort to
facilitate patient registration and admissions, scheduling of
appointments, responses to patient inquires, verification of
insurance benefits, and obtaining related authorizations and
records. GENERAL DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the
- Works with Patient Services Supervisor I to maximize patient
access through scheduling.
- Works with Patient Services Supervisor I to review current
front office workflows and develop streamlined efficient
- Monitors key performance indicators, such as but not limited
to, front office eligibility error rates, collection rates, CDSS
quality data capture.
- Coordinate patient wellness days and work with managed care
companies on HEDIS GIC reports.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of PCMH care
team concepts with support staff departments.
- Develop efficient and effective customer service experience,
create patient, and staff engagement and facilitate organic
- Develop customer satisfaction goals and coordinate with the
team to meet them on a steady basis.
- Develop new hire onboarding plans in collaboration with
supervisor and HR team.
- Participate in recruitment and engage in mentoring and
development of customer service staff.
- Develop training materials for eCW workflows, perform
onboarding and ongoing training platforms and stay current on
health care technology landscape.
- Ensure technology utilization is maximized and the staff are
well organized and productive.
- Improves quality results by evaluating processes and
- Meets with each team member on an ongoing basis to review
overall performance; coaches, counsels, motivates, and mentors
employees to promote a positive workplace.
- Works with back office regarding workflow improvements and
areas of improvement.
- Provides regular reporting and communication to Senior Director
of Operations, and Clinic Manager relating to key metrics, staffing
- Documents all pertinent information in patient's electronic
medical record according to Western Sierra Medical Clinic's
policies and procedures.
- Upholds Western Sierra Medical Clinic's Policies and
Procedures, infection control standards, applicable state, federal
and local laws.
- Quality Improvement Duties:
- Participates in PCMH team activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities;
- Participates as assigned in interdepartmental quality
improvement team efforts; and
- Contributes to overall Community Health Center efforts in
quality improvement towards higher-quality, more cost-effective
health care for patients and improved quality of work-life for
- Other duties as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven ability to lead and supervise others with 2+ years
through guidance and motivation with positivity and patience.
- Proven ability to develop and implement staff training
- Minimum 2+ years' experience in community health setting.
- Minimum of 2+ year's experience with quality improvement
programs including HEDIS.
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Computer literate (Windows, Microsoft Office, Share Point)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred ADDITIONAL PREFERRED
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system.
- Bachelor's Degree or LVN
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Keywords: Western Sierra Medical Clinic - Grass Valley Site, Roseville , Patient Services Supervisor II, Other , Grass Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!