Project Development Associate
Location: Grass Valley
Posted on: June 23, 2022
BoxPower: Project Development Associate
BoxPower provides clean, reliable, and affordable energy to rural
consumers in need of an off-grid solution. Our ecosystem of
software and hardware solutions optimize the performance and
accelerate the deployment of microgrids. From energy audit to
operation, BoxPower provides turnkey microgrid design, engineering,
construction, and management services. Since its origin in
Princeton University's e-lab accelerator, BoxPower has offset more
than 14 million pounds of carbon dioxide and is providing power to
over 3,000 individuals and businesses.
Join our rapidly growing team in bringing reliable renewable energy
Project Development Associate (PDA)BoxPower is seeking an
individual to join BoxPower's growing team as a project developer.
This is a multifaceted role that requires a generalist skillset,
moving projects from formative stages through contract negotiation
- You are a highly motivated recent grad or young professional
with 0 - 5 years of work experience and demonstrated interest in
the clean energy space.
- You are a do-er, self-starter, problem-solver, a
renaissance-person looking for a job with flexibility that caters
to your skillset.
- You pay exquisite attention to detail and are always searching
for ways to optimize processes. -
- Your clear communication and organization skills enable
collaboration across multi-faceted teams.
- You feel comfortable driving agendas and client-facing
- You're driven and want to contribute towards a fast-growing
tech start-up while learning by doing is a fast-changing
- Develop and coordinate energy projects, including site visits,
subcontractor bidding and management, deliverable management,
project schedule management, and customer communications.
- Support leadership on project correspondence (digital
- Facilitate purchasing / procurement for projects, with
assistance from engineering & production teams.
- Support departmental meetings, assigning & delegating internal
- Draft, proofread, and edit proposals & contracts.
- Support company organizational and business admin efforts.
- Coordinate sales, production, and project teams for deployment
- Support market research and channel sales strategy efforts, as
needed by business development / sales team.
- Initiate relationships and develop rapport with key
stakeholders at partner companies by anticipating needs and
understanding unique organizational objectives.
Experience & Skills
- Communication and negotiation skills - you're not a
salesperson, but you can communicate clearly and confidently with
customers & prospective customers.
- Technical aptitude - you're not an engineer, but you can
understand technical problems well enough to communicate and
coordinate their solutions.
- BA/BS preferred -- all majors welcome.
- MS Office.
- Time Management Software experience (e.g. MS Projects).
- Interest in microgrids and the cutting edge of the renewable
Location: BoxPower is a young and energetic company situated in the
mountains of Eastern California. Our home in Grass Valley/Nevada
City is beloved by our team. Less than an hour from Lake Tahoe and
a focal point of the 1970's Back-to-the-Land movement, the region
attracts a diversity of hippies, ski-bums, organic farmers and
outdoorsy folk. Some describe Nevada City as if 1950's Santa Cruz
was set in a historic 1850's goldmining town.
- $50k - $60k, plus Incentive Stock Options (ISO).
- Pay determined by experience & appetite for stock options.
- Advancement and ownership
- Experience on the cutting edge of the microgrid industry
- Do some Good!
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and
Keywords: BoxPower, Roseville , Project Development Associate, Other , Grass Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!