Surgical Scrub Tech
Location: Browns Valley
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Surgical Scrub Tech -Part-Time -***********Sign On Bonus
$1500.00*****************************Bonus is paid after 90 days of
employment. You must be employed to receive the Bonus. - If you
leave before one year, you - must pay it back at a pro-rated amount
-Grass Valley Surgery Center, -is seeking a motivated Surgical Tech
to join our team. -Grass Valley -Surgery Center -is a -fast-paced
ASC environment committed to producing the highest quality work and
experience for -patients and their families. -USPI was founded in
1998 with a promise to deliver high-quality, lower-cost solutions
in our communities, and in doing so, form collaborations with other
like-minded institutions and physicians. Today we are the largest
ambulatory surgery platform in the country, with more than -350
-ambulatory surgery centers and 28 surgical hospitals. -We are also
part of Tenet Healthcare, a unique and diversified enterprise which
enables us to have access to additional resources and a greater
support system. We are looking for a Surgical Scrub Technologist
for our Surgery Center. -Job SummaryAnticipates the needs of the
surgical team. Establishes and maintains sterile field during
surgical procedures in the operating room. Reporting Relationship:
Reports to Clinical Director/Administrator -Essential Job Duties
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment.
- Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count
pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy. -
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
the center. -
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center. -
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual shall
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED; completion of a Scrub Technician
Program. Certification preferable.
- Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
in standardized situations. Other skills and abilities: General
familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and
surgical procedures for an operating room.Physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that shall be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and
hear. The employee shall regularly lift and /or move up to 25
pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
- USPI'S EDGE-(Every Day Giving Excellence) USPI'S EDGE is the
key to the differentiation of USPI as a customer-focused company.
The process of completing EDGE- requirements establishes processes
and measurements that are collected, assimilated, and shared
throughout USPI. All employees are involved with EDGE. The
involvement can range from doing their jobs to taking on the role
of gathering and/or entering data into the computer. All employees
shall at some time during their employment be required to
participate in the EDGE program. Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act of 1996 Responsible for knowing the processes
involved assuring the standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring
they are followed including the practices and records relating to
the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information.
- Work Environment: -The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic
chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne
particles, extreme cold, and the risk of radiation.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and the
risk of electrical shock. -Grass Valley Surgery Center -complies
with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory
vaccination of its workforce. - If you are offered this position
and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be
required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of
a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. - If you
receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be
required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
-Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Roseville , Surgical Scrub Tech, Other , Browns Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!