Resident Care Associate / On Call PM Shifts / Memory Care
Company: Eskaton Village Roseville
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Position Summary:The Resident Care Associate (RCA) provides
personal care, companion care, nursing assistance and other
assigned tasks to residents living in Eskaton communities. The
Resident Care Associate duties include direct resident care,
assisting in daily living activities, grocery or personal shopping,
errands and other domestic tasks as well as documentation of care
provided. Duties and assignments may be adjusted at the discretion
of the Resident Care Coordinator, Memory Care Coordinator, or
Wellness Nurse based on an evaluation of resident needs
Position Responsibilities include:
- Provides companion care which can include reading, visiting,
answering personal correspondence, assisting with bill paying or
other tasks as listed on resident's plan of care.
- Provides or assists in bathing or showering for thorough
cleanliness and hygiene of resident.
- Makes beds, straightens rooms, and keeps resident care area in
an organized manner.
- Assists residents in dressing when needed and demonstrates
concern for individual privacy while providing resident care.
- Can be responsible for preparing light meals at the direction
of the resident when noted on resident's plan of care.
- Assists residents to schedule medical appointments or other
vital services as indicated by the resident's plan of care. May
accompany resident to appointments at the direction of the Resident
Care Coordinator, Memory Care Coordinator, Wellness Nurse, or
- Promotes appropriate levels of independence in resident care
and demonstrates awareness of safety for both resident and self in
- Assists resident with simple range of motion or other exercises
as directed by nurse or therapist and ambulates resident according
to his/her endurance levels. When directed by the plan of care,
assists resident to site fitness program or individual planned
- Applies medical or adaptive devices as ordered by the
appropriate physician, physician extender, or supervising
- Collects specimens as directed by the Resident Care
Coordinator, Memory Care Coordinator, or Wellness Nurse,.
- May deliver meal trays from Dining Room or assist resident to
the Dining Room.
- Assists residents with personal laundry including any dry
- Follows prescribed Eskaton emergency protocol and
- Completes weights for each resident as noted on plan of
- Provides respite services for spouses, and/or other family
- Assists with activities, including participating and/or leading
activities per Activity Director and Resident Care Coordinator,
Memory Care Coordinator, or Wellness Nurse Instructions.
QualificationsEducation:High school graduate or G.E.D. preferred.
Proficient ability to communicate orally and in writing in the
Training and Experience:Six (6) months experience in providing
personal care in a residential or long term care setting preferred.
Valid/current first aid certification.
Job Knowledge:Knowledge in performing personal care services in a
residential environment. Ability to meet new and/or stressful
situations with the appropriate responses. Ability to work
effectively as part of a healthcare team, to share information
freely, to use and seek supervision and consultation verbally and
in writing, and be able to follow both verbal and written
Keywords: Eskaton Village Roseville, Roseville , Resident Care Associate / On Call PM Shifts / Memory Care, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!