Senior Workers Compensation Adjuster
Company: The Hanover Insurance Group
Posted on: January 8, 2022
For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to
delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the
most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE.
Our Workers Compensation Team is currently seeking a Senior
Adjuster in our Roseville, CA location.
The Hanover Insurance Group has adopted a Hybrid work model that
allows for 2 or 3 days of remote work each week with the balance of
time being in the office.
This is a Full Time/Non-Exempt role.
Responsible for the investigation, negotiation and resolution of
claims in accordance with policy provisions, best practices and
jurisdictional requirements Includes the input of claim data and
guiding insureds and claimants through the claim process and
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster
license(s) and continuing education credits.
- Works within significant limits and authority on assignments of
higher technical complexity and coordination.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claim handling
- Possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills,
including product and industry, reflective of successful
progression through various job family levels.
- Claims handled will be of greater complexity and will require a
higher level of investigation, analysis, evaluation and negotiation
including interpretation of commercial coverage's.
- Identifies possibly suspicious claims
- Claims handled will involve moderate to high complexity,
severity and exposures including litigation.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of each claim, including
informal hearings and small claims litigation and maintaining a
high level of productivity, confidentiality and customer
- Authority levels are higher in recognition of the higher
proficiency associated with this level.
- Take recorded statements
- Work with the Special Investigations Unit to resolve and
- May be required to have and maintain sufficient home-based
internet connectionWHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically has 3 - 10 years' experience
- Possesses strong customer service skills and behaviors
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing
perspectives Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with
both internal and external groups Demonstrates ability to win
concessions without damaging relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and
develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations,
requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Computer experience (MS Office, excels, word, etc.)
- Proficient using paperless Claims systems
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.CAREER
It's not just a job, it's a career, and we are here to support you
every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled.
Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our
robust learning and development programs, we encourage you - at
every level - to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build
financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover,
you'll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work arrangementsVaccination Status & COVID Testing
Hanover has enacted policies and protocols throughout the COVID-19
pandemic to promote employee health and safety. To that end, all
employees are expected to provide true and accurate information
regarding their vaccine status, and when requested, employees are
expected to provide proof of such status. Hanover recognizes
employee privacy concerns and only provides vaccine status
information on a need-to-know basis. Various Hanover policies and
requirements are connected to vaccine status, including but not
limited to, the company's Facial Coverings and Social Distancing
policy and Hanover's testing program. Employees declining to
provide information related to their vaccine status, will be
considered unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated for the purposes of
The Hanover's COVID-19 health and safety policies and
Beginning in January or February of 2022, all unvaccinated or not
fully vaccinated employees, who work on-site or who have in-person
contact with Hanover customers, agents, or other stake holders
(i.e., externally facing), will be expected to undergo weekly
monitored testing for COVID-19. Hanover is still exploring cost
sharing options, but employees subject to the testing program may
be expected to pay some or all of the testing cost.
Please be advised that while Hanover does not expect to institute a
vaccine mandate at this time, Hanover encourages employees to get
vaccinated and provides paid time off to both obtain and recover
from the vaccine(s). Weekly testing is a term or condition of
employment for all unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated on-site or
externally facing employees. Employees who are entitled to a
reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or Title VII (religious accommodation) may apply for an
accommodation through the company's usual processes. Where an
accommodation is granted, Hanover will absorb the cost of
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our
customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment
and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the
basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the
available work without regard to race, religion, color, age,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity,
disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information,
ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing
an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and
harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender,
ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other
status protected by law."
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate
against qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals with
disabilities who wish to request a reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, or to
perform essential job functions, should contact us at:
HRServices@hanover.com and include the link of the job posting in
which you are interested.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of
information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we
use it, please click here.
Keywords: The Hanover Insurance Group, Roseville , Senior Workers Compensation Adjuster, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!