Deputy Program Manager
Company: Kratos Defense and Security
Posted on: June 12, 2021
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Deputy Program Manager works programs of varying complexity
with a focus on cost, schedule performance, and business growth on
assigned program here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Defines program/project objectives, creates and maintains
program plan/schedule, and directly manages program budget to meet
established company and customer objectives.
- Issues project instructions and controls changes to project
scope and designs in compliance with established quality
- Ensures that the program/project team achieves objectives for
scheduling, engineering, quality, and cost control.
- Breaks work down into manageable tasks required to meet the
objectives of the program/project and customer, which includes the
assigning and/or directing the work of others.
- Ensures satisfaction of all contractual and Statement of Work
- Establishes a risk management program, and ensures all risks
- Reports program status and performance, as required by contract
- Interfaces with the customer and other company personnel on
technical, production, and procurement issues.
- Coordinates the cost estimates (labor & material) associated
with out of scope activities or future work.
- Responsible for managing root cause analysis efforts on
nonconforming product for assigned projects; troubleshoots problems
with production and takes corrective action.
- Keeps customers informed of program schedules and status.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data, using
- Coordinates and leads meetings as required to plan and
communicate all aspects of assigned projects.
- Works with other internal departments to develop a resource
- Establishes the earned value baseline.
- Establishes and monitors program metrics.
- Grows existing programs to increase revenues.
- Monitors program performance, formulates and takes corrective
actions to mitigate deviations to the program plans and alert
management of potential problems when necessary.
- Coordinates with multiple major contractors and/or Government
- Supports subcontractor development efforts, including delivery
- Works within the company to ensure program quality assurance
- Manages the integration and testing of hardware and
- Works with other internal programs and program managers to help
develop a mutual resource allocation plan.
- Works with contracts personnel to identify out of scope
activities and ensure contract deliverables are met.
- Oversees the receipt, assembly, test, and quality of
deliverable hardware to customers.
- Follows safety precautions.
- Ensures that the work area and equipment are kept clean.
- Communicates and represents the Company professionally with all
levels of internal and external personnel.
- May have supervisory responsibility for support staff as
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as
required by government standards.
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when
Ability to adhere to workplace rules and procedures.
Understanding of and experience working with FAR/DFAR and
- Excellent customer relationship development and management
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functionally to meet
A high degree of innovation and creativity.
Strong problem solving skills
- Proven track record in a high variety, low volume manufacturing
- Knowledge of the marketplace and customer needs, objectives and
- Ability to provide effective direction, leadership and team
- Demonstrated abilities to plan, prioritize and delegate work
- Skills and abilities to provide technical and administrative
guidance for activities in defined scope of responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing, with all levels of management and individual
- Ability to develop program strategy and goals in alignment with
overall company objectives.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 requirements.
Demonstrated leadership in a complex development
Familiarity with contract provisions applicable to contracts and
Strong working knowledge of business financial systems /
Leadership experience in the aerospace industry.
- Strong Earned Value Management (EVM) experience.
- Hands-on skills in the areas of desktop computer applications
(MS Office), proposal development, and the opportunity management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Office and/or Manufacturing environments.
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key,
- Standing, walking, lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
May work extended hours or weekends.
- May work in non-temperature controlled environments.
- 0-25% May be required between KUAS locations, internationally
and or domestically.
Keywords: Kratos Defense and Security, Roseville , Deputy Program Manager, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!