Design Engineer I
Company: MiTek Industries, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
MiTek is a global provider of building solutions for the
residential and commercial construction industries. Utilizing
software, services, engineered products, and automated
manufacturing equipment, MiTek partners with clients to accelerate
their genius and deliver breakthroughs in building. With a rich
60-year history and a network of 6,500 team members worldwide,
MiTek pairs local expertise with global capabilities. As a
Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001,
MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more
The Design Engineer is responsible for designing and reviewing
truss design drawings for the metal plate connected wood truss
industry. Individual will also be responsible for designing truss
repair details for problems submitted from the component
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Takes customers' engineering requests for special truss
- Assists customers in entering truss designs in their computers
and answering engineering questions.
- Checks customers' truss design drawings for structural
accuracy, and informs the customer when there are changes
- Designs the special engineering and repair details requested by
the component manufacturer.
- Sends the truss designs and repair details to the Professional
Engineers for final review and approval.
- Fill in for other truss engineers as required.
- Performs other duties and projects requested by the Chief
Engineer and the Engineering Manager as required.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an
essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to
be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready
for work at the start of the shift.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical
- Experience: 1 plus years of experience
- Computer Skills: MS Office suite of products.
- Other Requirements: College degree in Civil Engineering or
other related Engineering field. Strong skills in algebra,
trigonometry, physics, statistics and strength of materials is
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity,
physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status),
age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical
history), veteran status, or any other protected
For accommodation to assist with completing this application,
please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.
Keywords: MiTek Industries, Inc., Roseville , Design Engineer I, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!