The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International
applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please
use the 'Apply' option.
Regional General Adjuster
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join
Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe.
Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits
and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the
heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations
count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they
face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether
they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or
damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto
or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the
birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to
provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend
on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable
assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At
Sedgwick, caring counts. Join our team of creative and caring
people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the
lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To handle losses or claims regionally
unassisted up to $10M, including having the ability to address most
complex adjustment issues pertaining to damages and coverage; to
assist on even larger losses, and manage smaller and non-complex
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examines claim forms and other records to determine insurance
- Interviews, telephones, or corresponds with claimant and
witnesses regarding claim.
- Consults police and hospital records; and inspects property
damage to determine extent of company's liability and varying
methods of investigation according to type of insurance.
- Estimates cost of repair, replacement, or compensation.
- Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement with
- Recommends litigation by legal department when settlement
cannot be negotiated.
- Attends litigation hearings.
- Revises case reserves in assigned claims files to cover
- Prepares loss experience reports to help determine
profitability and calculates adequate future rates.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
preferred. Must have earned the IIA-AIC designation and be actively
pursuing another professional insurance designation. Appropriate
state adjuster license is required.
Five (5) years of related experience or equivalent combination
of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent
judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress;
ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability
to meet deadlines
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel,
- Be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
- Must have continual use of manual dexterity
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background
credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a
colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to
constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local
variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change
the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free