HM Underwriting Supervisor
Company: Tri Counties Bank
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This could be the best career move you ever make. Check us out
and find out why.
Performs credit and property analysis on conventional loan
files, ensuring compliance with appropriate company and investor
standards. Makes final loan decisions within written approval
authority in accordance with appropriate guidelines. Responsible
for monitoring pipeline of loans ready for final underwriting to
ensure timely approval. Provides training and support to
underwriting staff. Adequately and effectively explains in written
and/or verbal form the decision reached in a manner that will
maintain a positive relationship with customers, staff and
- Monitors pipeline of loans ready for final underwriting,
conditional underwriting and approval conditions review to ensure
timely review and approval
- Assists management with the recruitment and hiring of new
underwriters as needed
- Monitors performance of underwriting staff and recommends
changes/enhancements to increase efficiency to management
- Reviews credit decision made by underwriters to determine
thoroughness and compliance with guidelines
- Assists underwriters with complex income analysis
- Maintains portfolio underwriting guideline and make
recommendations to senior and executive management for updates and
- Presents loans to Credit Administration for approval when the
loan exceeds department lending authorities.
- Responds to GSE repurchase requests by reviewing findings and
offering rebuttals to Freddie/Fannie as needed.
- Provides exceptional customer service to staff, investors and
- Analyze credit, collateral and accompanying documents to render
sound credit decisions
- Examine loan documents for accuracy and completeness
- Analyze complex financial reports/documents to determine
applicant income and ability to repay loan
- Assess applicant(s) credit to adhere to all regulatory,
compliance and investor requirements
- Maintain current understanding of various documentation types,
loan programs, as well as all overall general underwriting
guidelines and provides training/support to underwriters and other
areas of the Home Mortgage Department
- Meet production, quality and service standards along with
providing feedback to ensure quality
- Assess appraisal, title reports and other documents frequent to
- Reviews various types of requests form borrowers including
extensions, lot line adjustments, etc.
- Maintains a current understanding of Bank policies and
procedures in compliance with all federal and state laws, including
but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (SARs, CIP, OFAC), Information
Security (GLBA), Identity Theft Red Flags, Financial Elder Abuse
Reporting, and any other applicable regulations that may be
specific to your job duties.
- Knowledge of Bank appraisal policies and procedures.
- Available as a resource advisor for all staff
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
Education, Experience And Other Skills
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 7 years of recent experience in underwriting credit and
- Previous management/supervisorial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and private mortgage
insurance underwriting requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively make decisions in an independent
- Good organizational skills to accommodate involvement in
- Ability to work with people in an efficient and friendly
- Current working knowledge of Desktop Underwriter and Loan
Prospector automated underwriting systems.
- Proficient in Encompass loan origination system.
- Knowledge of Secondary market pricing.
- Ability to utilize personal computers and Windows driven
Established in 1975, Tri Counties Bank is a wholly-owned
subsidiary of TriCo Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBK) headquartered in
Chico, California, providing a unique brand of customer Service
with Solutions available in traditional stand-alone and in-store
bank branches in communities throughout Northern and Central
The Bank provides an extensive and competitive breadth of
consumer, small business and commercial banking financial services,
along with convenient around-the-clock ATM, online and mobile
Tri Counties Bank has remained strong and profitable through a
top-down commitment to its core values, sound business principles
and responsible lending practices.
Our success is also based on our involvement in the communities
we serve. The personal touch comes naturally to Tri Counties
Bankers. You may recognize us at business, school and non-profit
events, baseball games and local eateries, skiing in the mountains,
boating on the lakes, and fishing the local streams or attending an
event in The City or on the peninsula.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: Tri Counties Bank, Roseville , HM Underwriting Supervisor, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!