Senior Special Assets Officer (or a Special Assets Officer)
Company: Tri Counties Bank
Posted on: May 3, 2021
There is a reason many say making the move to Tri Counties Bank
was the best career move they ever made. Check us out to find out
Depending on candidate's experience and expertise we can hire
either a Senior Special Assets Officer or a Special Assets
POSITION SUMMARY for the Senior Special Assets Officer
Responsible for the relationship management, collection and
restructuring of the Bank's problem loans. Negotiates sale or
liquidation of the assets securing these loans when necessary.
Approves transactions within delegated authority. Interacts with
customers, other bank departments, the Bank's Chief Credit Officer
and third parties to manage and report the risks of assigned
- Analyzes all risks (financial, collateral, structural and
legal) of the bank's higher risk loans to structure a workout
solution that maximizes collection from these troubled borrowers in
the most expeditious manner possible. Makes recommendations or
approves under delegated authorities to retain, manage the borrower
out of the Bank or liquidate the collateral (voluntarily by
borrower or through foreclosure/repossession).
- Negotiates with borrower to structure the workout to provide
the best possible result to the Bank; bringing in outside
consultants/specialists/attorneys and other bank departments as
needed to assist with problem solving or the structure of a
- Exercises sound credit and risk judgment in approving
transactions/restructures. Recommends approval when the
transaction/restructure size exceeds authority limits. All
transactions are structured/performed in adherence to laws
regulations and, whenever possible, to other Bank policies and
- Monitors the borrower's workout plan and account activities to
insure timely repayment and to maximize collection; addressing
problems as they occur to avoid unnecessary delays or future
- Evaluates collateral, loan documentation, and financial
information to determine borrower's ability to repay and
deficiencies in documentation or collateral. Develops repayment,
collateral and documentation plan accordingly.
- May represent the bank in court on litigations and bankruptcy
- Handles all activities necessary to foreclose on real property
held as collateral.
- Directs the liquidation of non-real property assets.
- Analyzes and determines impact of bankruptcy filings; ensures
protection of Bank's position as a creditor.
- Assesses and reports grading, nonaccrual and TDR issues as well
as provides advice and counsel to lending units on the same and in
the handling of troubled loans.
- Maintains a current understanding of Bank underwriting
guidelines, procedures, policies and compliance issues. Maintains a
knowledge of regulatory requirements for documentation and
regulations relating to commercial lending as well as maintains a
working knowledge of Consumer rules and regulations.
- Maintains a current understanding of Bank policies and
procedures in compliance with all federal and state laws, including
but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (SARs, CIP, OFAC), Information
Security (GLBA), Identity Theft Red Flags, Financial Elder Abuse
Reporting, and any other applicable regulations that may be
specific to your job duties.
- Accurately reports and adjusts risk ratings (grades),
non-accrual or accrual status and inclusion or removal of loans
from the bank's troubled debt restructure list on a timely
- Controls legal and other expenses associated with assets under
- Performs additional duties and project as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or GED required.
- More than five years of experience in Special Assets,
Commercial Lending or comparable positions preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration or
Accounting, or related lending or workout experience
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and underwrite the most
complex commercial credits in the Bank with minimal guidance or
oversight. Subject matter expert across a broad range of credit
topics including financial statements and cash flow analysis, legal
concepts pertaining to workouts, collateral analysis. Track record
of appropriately utilizing credit approval authority to make sound
workout recommendations on complex commercial credits in line with
the Bank's credit culture, policies and procedures. Good knowledge
of Bank rules, regulations and accounting (especially those factors
that impact the Bank's income statement and balance sheet such as
grades, accrual/nonaccrual, TDR and impairment). Must have the
ability to train, mentor and supervise junior workout personnel.
Expert user of Bank systems, software, and third-party vendor
platforms. Possess leadership abilities in a team environment and
provide project leadership. Assists the Department Manager in
identifying training needs for staff within the department and
generating ideas to improve department efficiencies. Ability to
supervise in manager's absence.
- Understanding of secured and unsecured lending practices,
documentation and legal requirements.
- Analytical and accounting skills to include the ability to
analyze personal and business financial statements of many
- Ability to understand and analyze real estate and personal
property appraisals, especially difference in valuation
methodologies that derive final values.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to negotiate with troubled
- Ability to utilize personal computers and Windows driven
- Good understanding of Bank products and services.
- Self-starter, good time management skills.
Established in 1975, Tri Counties Bank is a wholly-owned
subsidiary of TriCo Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBK) headquartered in
Chico, California, providing a unique brand of customer Service
with Solutions available in traditional stand-alone and in-store
bank branches in communities throughout Northern and Central
The Bank provides an extensive and competitive breadth of
consumer, small business and commercial banking financial services,
along with convenient around-the-clock ATM, online and mobile
Tri Counties Bank has remained strong and profitable through a
top-down commitment to its core values, sound business principles
and responsible lending practices.
Our success is also based on our involvement in the communities
we serve. The personal touch comes naturally to Tri Counties
Bankers. You may recognize us at business, school and non-profit
events, baseball games and local eateries, skiing in the mountains,
boating on the lakes, and fishing the local streams or attending an
event in The City or on the peninsula.
Keywords: Tri Counties Bank, Roseville , Senior Special Assets Officer (or a Special Assets Officer), Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!