Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Competently performs routine and specialized sonography
procedures of moderate complexity to produce quality images to
physicians and other health care providers for the diagnosis,
treatment, monitoring and prevention of injury or disease. Works
independently, exercising sound judgment, and executing developed
clinical skills on challenging diagnostic procedures and situations
to deliver accurate results in a timely manner. Gains confidence
and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and
other healthcare providers through competent patient assessment,
attentive monitoring, and effective communication. Adheres to all
local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to
ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care.
May also be responsible for performing specific procedures and/or
- Performs a variety of diagnostic sonography examinations using
established procedures, policies and practices to ensure optimal
- Operates a variety of complex stationary and mobile diagnostic
- Ensures that routine and priority tasks are completed within
established departmental time frames.
- Prepares for and assists physicians in a variety of diagnostic
sonography and/or guidance imaging during invasive procedures.
- Explains and educates the patient on the procedure, medications
or contrast media, and associated biological effects in a clear and
professional manner to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Mentors and fosters a constructive teaching environment that
helps students and new technologists build confidence in their
skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Performs general clerical tasks, such as answering phones;
updating patient appointments; retrieving, entering, revising
patient electronic health records (EHR); or updating the laboratory
information system (LIS) and radiology information systems
- Prepares and completes accurate documentation related to
patient, procedures (includes screening and written consent forms),
and exam charges.
- Inventories and orders accessories and supplies periodically to
maintain established stock levels.
- Implements protection devices and safety standards to minimize
radiation exposure (as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA)) to
self, staff and patients.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe working environment,
including cleaning and disinfecting equipment after each
- Inspects and calibrates equipment accordingly for proper
operation and records the quality control (QC) results, reporting
any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Maintains strictest confidence of all patient protected health
information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental,
intentional, or inappropriate disclosure.
- Performs quality sonographic examinations in compliance with
department standards, policies, and procedures, as well as local,
state and federal regulatory agencies to deliver the highest level
of patient privacy and care.
- Prepares, administers, and documents medications and contrast
media in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Retains certification and completes mandated continuing
education requirements to meet facility and regulatory agencies
accreditation and licensure requirements.
Education / Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Graduation from an accredited formal Diagnostic Medical
Sonography Program required.
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
certified in any one of the following: Registered Vascular
Technologist (RVT), Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
(RDMS), Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) is
- Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Provider
through the American Heart Association is required
Knowledge and Skills
General knowledge of diagnostic sonography principles,
procedures, and views as well as the operation and maintenance of
Capable of performing routine sonographic examinations as well
as a basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills to
explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
Good time management and organizational skills, including the
ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized
policies, procedures, and practices to achieve objectives and meet
Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and related information
systems (Radiology (RIS), laboratory (LIS), electronic health
records (EHR), EPIC, and picture archive and communication system
- Ability to:
- Work under close supervision or within clearly defined
procedures to complete assignments within established
- Use existing procedures to identify and solve routine or
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's protected health
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare
providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Keywords: Sutter Health, Roseville , Cardiac Sonographer, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!