MRI Technologist II
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Operates magnetic resonance imaging equipment to produce
cross-sectional images (photographs) of patient's body for
diagnostic purposes. Under the direction of the Chief of Radiology
and the Imaging Services Director, with latitude for independent
judgment, ingenuity and initiative, performs related technological
functions to ensure optimal diagnostic quality of patient care
utilizing efficient and safe processes.
- Performs patient studies according to set protocol including
placing specified coil close to area of interest.
- Operates imaging and other equipment devices so that quality
diagnostic services are provided, including keying commands to
specify scan sequences into computer, adjusting transmitters and
receivers, and keying in data on keyboard of camera to photograph
- Interviews patient to explain magnetic resonance imaging
procedures to address patient concerns and exhibits a high degree
of tact, courtesy and poise when interacting with patients, staff,
- Ensures patient and staff safety, including explaining safety
protocol, requesting removal of hazardous metal objects, alerting
staff of danger or carrying metal around magnet, and monitoring
patients via closed circuit TV.
- Orients new hires and trains MRI Technologist, students,
- Trains MRI Technologists I in MRI procedures.
- May be required to direct, check and train other MRI employees in
absence of MRI Supervising Technologist.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
- Have two (2) years of Regular (twenty (20) hours or more per
week) continuous recent experience as a MRI Technologist and be
fully proficient in all the duties required of a MRI Technologist
II to the satisfaction of the department manager.
- High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- California Venipuncture Certificate (must be obtained with 6
months of hire).
- CRT - California Radiologic Technologist License.
- BLS required.
- Must have demonstrated
proficiency in teaching other Technologists.
- May be required to direct, check and train other MRI
- Must be fully proficient in MRI to the full satisfaction of the
department manager and have knowledge of the required protocols in
performing complex MRI procedures.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents
of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate
collective bargaining agreement.
- ARRT certification
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Roseville , MRI Technologist II, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!