Claims Assistant, Workers' Compensation
Company: Matrix Absence Management
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Matrix Absence Management is one of the top Third Party
Administrators (TPA) supporting clients in absence management
(FMLA/Disability/Workers' Compensation). We partner with our
clients Human Resources department to manage Workers' Compensation,
Disability and/or Leave of absences until the claim is resolved or
the employee returns to work. Our highly customer centric approach
is to try and duplicate the culture of our clients to make the
experience seamless for employees. Our mobile app technology
provides ease of use to our client and employee in reporting claim
Matrix Absence Management offers a full benefit package -
Medical, Dental & Vision, including 401K match. Matrix is a
friendly and pleasant office environment; offering flexible
The Claims Assistant, Workers' Compensation provides basic
professional administrative support to the Workers' Compensation
Claims Unit. The Claims Assistant, WC will be a part of a team
oriented environment providing internal and external customer
service and will handle confidential information with the utmost
judgment and discretion.
Essential Functions & Qualifications
- Assist with electronic mail, filing, and general office duties
relating to insurance (W/C) claims.
- Process claims paperwork and first reports. Efficiently
expedite correspondences and update diaries.
- Effectively communicate with claimants, clients, and
- Assist in bill payment process, and data entry task and
- Utilizes the Claim System for inquiries and letter
- Resolves routine administrative problems and answers
- Receives and responds to routine correspondence (some of which
may be confidential); proofreads, revises and edits other materials
for accuracy, thoroughness and appropriateness.
- Compiles, organizes and analyzes basic information for
inclusion in reports and customer packages.
- Perform other related support duties, as requested.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of 1-2 years
of customer service and/or administrative/claim support experience
- College Degree preferred.
- Prior experience in Workers' Compensation Claims processing or
support is a (+).
- Use of computerized claims systems, Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to type at least 45 wpm
- Ability to organize work, manage time and follow through.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to shift priorities and
organize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to apply basic administrative skills to perform
standardized duties (e.g., to create memos, reports, spreadsheets,
- Concise written and oral communication skills
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication
skills required to help resolve routine problems, answer general
questions, and know when to escalate more complex issues.
Additional Job Description
Matrix Absence Management is an equal opportunity employer. We
adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age or
disability, or any other classification or characteristic protected
by federal or state law or regulation. We assure you that your
opportunity for employment with Matrix depends solely on your
Essential Physical/Cognitive Job Functions
Prompt and regular attendance at assigned job locations
Ability to work shifts exceeding 8 hours, 5 days per week
Ability to interact with employees of all levels and clients in
an appropriate manner
Ability to concentrate and think strategically
Availability onsite to confer with staff members with whom the
incumbent must interact on a daily basis
Ability to proficiently use a personal computer for tasks such
as email and preparing reports using software
Ability to review and analyze data and information
- Ability to complete, or oversee the completion of, assigned
tasks/projects in a timely manner
Keywords: Matrix Absence Management, Roseville , Claims Assistant, Workers' Compensation, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!