Claims Assistant - Technical Support
Company: PMA Companies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Technical Assistant is responsible for assisting the Claims
Professionals with providing jurisdictional specific support.
Support and assistance include; wage calculation, Division of
Workers' Compensation (DWC) form completion, medical packet
preparation and organization, as well as specific reporting
projects. The Technical Assistant reports directly to the Claims
Supervisor to assist with meeting team, office, and jurisdictional
- Obtains necessary data and information from applicable sources
such as intranets, databases, and internal and external business
- Analyzes and confirms information from external documents,
claim files, orders, Liens, and salary information etc.
- Accurately completes paperwork, and/or forms in a timely manner
as mandated by internal and external guidelines.
- Completes and formats all necessary California Division of
Workers' Compensation (DWC) forms in adherence with benefits paid,
- Completes special projects for staff which may include
preparing reports, distributing, editing, and formatting
- Accurately develops and maintains records, spreadsheets, and
data per internal and statutory guidelines.
- Calculates necessary benefits as applicable under the
California State Workers' Compensation system.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have the ability
to multi-task in a fast-paced setting.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct
and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and
procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities
in the performance of work.
- High School diploma plus 1 to 3 years of applicable insurance
experience and or knowledge is required.
- Must be able to prioritize activities according to strict
- Computer experience including but not limited to, Microsoft
Word, and Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Must be able to type 50-65 wpm.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through all mediums of
communication and possess excellent mathematical skills.
Keywords: PMA Companies, Roseville , Claims Assistant - Technical Support, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!