Business Development Account Executive
Company: Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Business Development Account Executive *Roseville, CA or Remote
The Business Development Account Executive is responsible for
market analysis, strategy development, managing the execution of
the strategy, and achieving bookings objectives for assigned
accounts. The BDAE is also responsible for the management of
capture and proposal activities including timely management gate
reviews, process compliance and transition to the program execution
team. The BDAE develops and promotes teaming decisions, and pricing
and win strategies which support the strategic objectives here at
KUAS. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successfully identifies, promotes, forecasts, advances, and
captures sales of KUAS products in assigned territories or
- Works with management to develop realistic bookings targets to
support a rolling forecast.
- Identifies, qualifies, and quanitifies target opportunities;
suggests pursuit strategies; contributes to overall business
- Initiates customer contact and follow-up with targeted agencies
- Fosters continuous customer relationships with key industry and
customer contacts inclusive of marketing, sales, executive,
programmatic, representative and technical disciplines.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of KUAS capabilities and
accurately articulates the value that our capabilities
- Understands customers' unique needs and business models to
negotiate deals, contracts and close integrated opportunities.
- Supports accounts (new and existing) with timely responses to
RFQs, RFPs, demonstrations, trade shows and meetings.
- Ensures the customer perspective is understood, currency of
information is maintained, competitive environment is monitored,
and, as required to support capture strategies, ensures that the
information is clearly communicated to internal teams.
- Provides oversight of proposal activities for assigned capture
- Leads and coordinates with internal resources for shipping,
ITAR-compliance, technical support and finance for BD opportunities
- Oversees, tracks, and is responsible for technical data export
licensing activities required for business development
- Provides specific inputs to department spending budgets and
forecasts to support business development activities for assigned
- Provides weekly/monthly input to status briefings for corporate
- Supports and represents KUAS at trade shows as assigned.
- Maintains a detailed Outlook calendar of travel, meetings and
events supporting BD activities.
- Conducts all business activities with the highest standards of
- Performs other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on as
needed basis. Other Job Functions Other duties may be assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.-- Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Ability to maintain
sensitive and confidential information as required by government
standards Ability to interact effectively with peers and
supervisors Ability to interact appropriately with the public when
necessary Ability to adhere to workplace rules Prior DoD experience
required. Demonstrated experience in the area of pioneering and
executing win strategies. Demonstrated success and leadership of
major campaigns/proposals from inception through delivery.
Demonstrated ability to identify strategic partners and key
customer enablers. Must have strong verbal, written, and
presentation communication skills. Must have excellent planning and
organizational, project management, and time management skills. In
depth knowledge of company products, strong research skills, strong
analytical skills a must. Excellent influence and client management
skills necessary. Must have strong Microsoft Office skills. Ability
to obtain and maintain a government security clearance is required.
Be familiar with DoD, commercial and international acquisition
practices. Ability to work well in a team, and to excel as an
individual contributor. Additional Desired Skills
- Working knowledge of Contracts Management and Program
Management preferably with experience in both.
- Time working for Department of Defense in either acquisition or
operationally relevant position a plus.
- Knowledge of major defense or commercial accounts preferred.
--EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Engineering
- Ten plus years product management, engineering and/or business
development experience with at least two to three years of managing
projects and budgets. --WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time Ability to
perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones) Ability to
lift up to 25 pounds Kratos is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative
Action Employer. EOE, Minorities, Females, Vet, Disabled, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity or any other protected class.
All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply. Kratos is
committed to America's veterans by providing opportunities for them
to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work
to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with
EEO Is The Law Disability Accessibility Accommodation
If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers
site, please send your request to HRAccessibility@kratosdefense.com
or call 858-964-2916. Any inquires not related to requesting an
accommodation will be discarded. Pay Transparency
The company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For applicants in the EU and California residents, please review
our privacy notice .
Keywords: Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc., Roseville , Business Development Account Executive, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!