Company: First American
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Join our team! First American's Direct division provides
comprehensive title insurance protection and professional
settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and
equity loans. As a global leader in providing title insurance,
settlement services and risk solutions for real estate
transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build
your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers
achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We
believe that our people are the key to the company s continued
success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and
empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else.
First American has created an award-winning culture and has been
named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the
fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to
Work lists. For more information, please visit
Responsible for handling real estate transactions by establishing
new escrow accounts, managing funds, processing documents for
closings, and completing settlements in accordance with established
policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral liaison between file
parties, adheres to company policy, and monitors and mitigates risk
to the company.
* Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining
requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing
closing documents; disbursing funds.
* Determines closing requirements by studying and clarifying buyer,
seller, and lender instructions.
* Orders title reports for issuing title insurance, resolving title
defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against
property or principals.
* Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining
* Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and
statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
* Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
* Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents;
reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and
procedures; answering questions; checking documents for
completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
* Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing
and distributing final closing statements and title. Prepares
settlement statement by utilizing lender instructions.
* Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
* Complies with regulatory requirements and company policy by
adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within
the escrow/title industry field
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Good client relations and organizational skills
* Ability to write reports and correspondence
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume
* Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential
* Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate
sellers, buyers, agents and brokers
* High School diploma or equivalent
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 2-4 years related experience
* Experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
* Valid Licensing/Certification as required by applicable state
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company
and our dedication to putting People First, check out
Keywords: First American, Roseville , Escrow Officer, Other , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!