Senior Legal Assistant (Part-time 20 hours / week)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Provides comprehensive administrative support to one or more
staff attorneys. Responsible for all support functions related to
work load of case/claim files. Must scrupulously observe the
confidentiality required to maintain the attorney-client and
attorney-work product privilege applicable to the department. Works
under general supervision.
- Types letters, reports and legal briefs. Conducts data research
and composes letters for attorney/manager approval. Responds to or
drafts responses to correspondence based upon knowledge and
research of subject matter.
- Establishes, maintains, codes and closes legal files concerning
professional liability and contract issues, all of a highly
- Processes all vendor bills generated during litigation;
reconciles all case costs for each legal file and resolves
- Prepares a variety of special and recurring reports.
- Maintains attorneys' calendars; makes travel arrangements;
screens telephone calls, determines appropriate referral or
resolves as appropriate.
- Reviews, screens, and determines appropriate handling of
- In attorneys' absence, ensures that all indicated legal matters
are brought to the attention of appropriate staff members, or may
handle personally, depending upon situation.
- Represents the program in defending small claims actions
through court appearances, and all preparation for same. Prepares
arbitration work-ups, including research and supporting
documentation for petitions to compel arbitration for all staff
- Reviews and assists other support staff in preparing their
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of secretarial/administrative or
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Strong customer service skills required to communicate
effectively with all levels of management internal/external.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Skills testing as
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Three (3) years of legal office support experience.
- Associate's degree OR two (2) years' experience in a directly
PrimaryLocation : California,Roseville,Roseville 1680 E. Roseville
HoursPerWeek : 20
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 12:30 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Legal
Department : Roseville Hospital - Med Ofc Admin-Medical Legal -
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Roseville , Senior Legal Assistant (Part-time 20 hours / week), Legal , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!