Assistant Chief CRNA - Roseville
Posted on: March 19, 2023
In conjunction with Chief of Service, supervises staff of certified
registered nurse anesthetists. Administers intravenous, spinal and
other anesthetics prior to and during surgical or medical
procedures. Monitors patient reactions and vital signs during and
after anesthesia and takes remedial action when warranted. Submits
postoperative reports on patient condition, and maintains records
of anesthetics administered.
- Augments department leadership with assistance in hiring,
training and supervision of certified registered nurse
- Develops schedules, department standards, policies and
procedures; establishes and maintains quality of care and service
standards. Implements, reinforces and ensures staff is in
compliance with The Joint Commission, and other local, state and
- Assumes a proxy role for day-to-day clinical operations and
administrative tasks to maintain department continuity in the
absence of the Chief CRNA.
- Assists in monitoring budgets, resource allocation and
department financial performance; identifies and implements
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
- Reviews anesthetic evaluation of patients prior to surgeries
and consults with anesthesiologists and/or surgeons as needed.
Reviews patients charts, including permits, pre-operative
medications, lab work, and any other significant variations, such
as hearing aids, dentures, contact lenses, or other
- Conducts pre-anesthesia evaluations according to KPs policies
and procedures as well as the departmental protocols. Formulates
anesthesia plans for proposed operations. Ensures that all
pre-anesthesia evaluations are documented thoroughly according to
policies and standards.
- Explains tests, procedures and disease processes to patients
and their family as indicated; explains the major anesthetic risks
to patients as requested and documents that the risks are explained
- Evaluates patients to identify apparent difficulties with
airway control. Starts IV solution, administers selected
anesthetic, choice of anesthetic consistent with patient safety,
surgical need, possible post operative complications, and patients
history and conditions. Develops, implements and evaluates
according to departmental protocols, the care regimen of assigned
patients and manages the patient care based on pre-anesthesia
- Mixes solutions to required concentrations.
- Participates with post anesthesia care unit personnel in a
patient safety oriented interface when patients are transferred
from the surgery suite. Monitors patients vital signs.
- Keeps current accurate and complete record of procedures
performed and patients conditions immediately prior to the
administration of anesthesia according to established standards.
Charts procedures done outside of OR, such as intubation, arterial
line placement on progress notes.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees. Basic Qualifications:
- Graduated from an accredited school of anesthesia.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (California) required at
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Demonstrate ability to work in teams and have proven effective
communications and listening skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of all regulatory requirements and
legal consequences of anesthesia care.
- Demonstrate track record of adhering to the precautionary and
preventive measures in giving patient care.
- Prove ability to exercise professional prerogatives based on
sound clinical judgment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Roseville , Assistant Chief CRNA - Roseville, Healthcare , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...