Psychology Postdoctoral Resident, Trauma Informed Care
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Position is designed to provide 2000 hours of supervised
clinical postdoctoral training.Completion of this program will
satisfy one of the requirements to sit for the psychology licensing
exam. Residencies are based in departments of Psychiatry, Chemical
Dependency, Chronic Pain, Behavioral Medicine or other
sub-specialties. Position provides 2 hours per week in each of the
following: individual supervision; group supervision; and didactic
training Supervision is provided by licensed psychologists.
Opportunities may include providing short-term individual therapy,
family therapy, crisis intervention, chemical dependency
evaluation, adult and adolescent group therapy, psycho-educational
groups, and psychological assessment.Position is 40 hours per week,
one-year, temporary with benefits.This position ONLY pertains to
the Northern California Mental Health Training Programs. For more
information please visit kp.org/psychtraining. Essential
- Provide assessment and psychotherapy of adults, adolescents,
children and/or families in a brief therapy model. Conduct intake
evaluations. Provide crisis intervention as needed Co-facilitate
psychoeducational groups. Conduct program evaluation and/or
research project. Participate in community partnership projects.
- Administer and interpret psychological tests, and write
reports. Participate in regional, consortial, and departmental
training activities. Participate in departmental administrative and
educational meetings. Maintain confidential patient files/records
and information in a timely manner. Comply with regional and local
policies and procedures. Comply with APA's Code of Ethics and state
laws pertaining to the delivery of mental health services. Other
duties as assigned.
- Team-specific duties performed by pre-doctoral interns under
the direct supervision of licensed psychologists, including but not
limited to the following: Adult Team, Child/Family Team, Chemical
Dependency, Behavioral Medicine or others.
- Adult Team: Provide assessment and individual and group
treatment to adults in a brief therapy model.
- Child/Family Team: Perform psychological evaluations of
children, adolescents and families. Provide psychotherapeutic
services to child and family populations.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Provide services to
patients needing more intensive treatment for stabilization, in a
stepped-down treatment program for patients recently discharged
from inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Behavioral Medicine: Provide services to patients whose
presenting problem is related to the treatment of a physical
problem or psychological issues arising from a medical condition.
Provide services to patients who are experiencing emotional or
stress-related problems concurrent to receiving treatment for a
medical diagnosis or physical symptom.
- Chronic Pain Management: Provide services to patients who
experience chronic pain, including teaching them pain management
skills such as pacing, medication management, staying active,
relaxation techniques and positive thinking.
- Chemical Dependency: Provide services to patients who are in
the contemplation phase, the early stages of their recovery, and
patients with longer-term sobriety. Provide separate and conjoint
treatments for family members.
- Eating Disorders: Provide services to adults, children, teens,
and families who have a diagnosis of an eating disorder.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Track - Trauma Informed Care
- Hours/Days may vary
- Primary location:1660 E Roseville Pkwy., Bldg. CRoseville CA
95661 Basic Qualifications: Experience
- N/A Education
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Completion of PhD/PsyD/EdD in Clinical, Counseling, Health or
School Psychology from an APA-accredited doctoral program by
residency start date (Verification of Completion of all
Requirements for Doctoral Degree form required).
- Must have received doctoral internship training at an
APA-accredited or APPIC-member internship program.
- Must participate in the national APPA CAS postdoctoral
application process prior to applying to Kaiser Permanente.License,
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for
assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation
in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely
- Must submit three letters of reference: one letter must be from
most the recent primary supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in psychological evaluations of adults,
children, adolescents, & families, including administering &
writing up psychological testing & assessment batteries,
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities,
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic,
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
timely manner, preferred
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
treatment plans, preferred.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy,
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Roseville , Psychology Postdoctoral Resident, Trauma Informed Care, Healthcare , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!