Nursing House Supervisor Short Hour
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Acts as the on-site administrative designee for the entire
facility for off-shifts and weekends. Manages all the patient care
departments, ensuring appropriate quality of care and compliance
- Manages the off-hours and weekend patient care activities.
Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in
compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission,
federal, state, and local requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors staffing for all shifts and maintains
appropriate staffing levels and skill mix.
- Participates in developing, reviewing, and updating
departmental policies and procedures.
- Identifies and implements best practices to provide improved
quality care and services.
- Assess and monitors clinical nursing practice for optimal
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient
care results across the continuum.
- Follows-up on all clinical issues.
- Monitors quality of care delivered, ensuring it meets
age-related and developmental needs of patients.
- Supervises staff, assesses their needs and identifies
- Collaborates with all departments throughout the medical
- Acts as patient advocate.
- Assists in developing, monitoring and maintaining the
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department
safety, and risk management issues.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience required
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as charge nurse, preceptor,
quality improvement champion or other related leadership
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Evidence of training completion as preceptor or charge
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care
delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other
federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Minimum one (1) year of critical care or emergency department
nursing experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,Roseville,Roseville Hospital
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Night
Workdays : Variable
WorkingHoursStart : 11:00 PM
WorkingHoursEnd : 07:30 AM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Team Leader/Supervisor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Roseville Hospital - Hosp Admin-Bed Control - 0201
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Roseville , Nursing House Supervisor Short Hour, Healthcare , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!