Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Position Overview:POSITION SUMMARY:Performs all aspects of
laboratory testing in one or more sections of laboratory.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of test results and/or
blood products by performing quality control testing, instrument
maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performs analytic procedures, including testing of specimens
and/or blood products, reviewing results and interpreting
- Performs post-analytic procedures, including result
release/reporting, result correction/amendment, responding to
inquiries, and specimen storage and retrieval.
- Performs pre-analytic procedures, including test order entry,
specimen collection, specimen processing and/or blood product
handling.Qualifications:MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS -Education/
Knowledge, including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration:
- Baccalaureate degree in Biology or a related science
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License (CLS)
- Knowledge of theory and test application of clinical chemistry,
hematology/microscopy and coagulation are required.
- Knowledge of tranfusion service and flow cytometry theory and
test applications may be required if working in those areas.
- Current experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist in one or
more sections of the laboratory is highly desirable.
- Experience providing laboratory testing for similar patient
populations (examples include pediatric, neonatal, oncology,
perinatal and cardiac) is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a laboratory with a computerized
laboratory information system is highly desirable. -Skills:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment,
multi-tasking and the ability to work with minimal
- Must be able to work in a complex, fast-paced environment and
take appropriate actions in challenging
situations.Organization:Sutter Roseville Medical CenterEmployee
Status: RegularEmployee Referral Bonus: NoBenefits: YesPosition
Status: Non-ExemptUnion: NoJob Shift: EveningShift Hours:8 Hour
ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:Varied DaysWeekend Requirements:
Every Other WeekendSchedule: Part TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay
Period:56Applications Accepted:All Applications
AcceptedSchedule/Shift: Part Time/ Evening
Keywords: Sutter Health, Roseville , Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Healthcare , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!