Physical Therapist Home Health On-Call
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 6, 2022
This job is limited to Physical Therapists who are required to
make home visits at any given time, or who have responsibilities
which include working in the patients place of residence. In
accordance with agency policy and state/federal regulations,
provides independent, age-appropriate physical therapy to patients
in their place of residence. Teaches patient/family and caregivers
preventative and rehabilitative procedures. Develops and
coordinates the plan of care and provides case management.
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to
determine the nature and extent of dysfunction (as appropriate, in
relationship to adaptive equipment needs and Activities of Daily
- Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve
established goals (for adaptive equipment, as
- Initiates discharge planning for physical therapy. Implements
the plan of care through direct treatment of the patient, delegates
a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive
personnel, and coordinates the treatment program with other health
care personnel as appropriate. Provides advice and education to
patient and family. Regularly reassesses clinical signs and
symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of
patients towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and
- As relevant, assesses for adaptive equipment for Activities of
Daily Living, based on clinical guidelines. Coordinates adaptive
equipment assessment with certified equipment vendors as
appropriate. Reassesses adaptive equipment as needed to determine
effectiveness and/or modification of equipment. Discharges patient
from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit
from physical therapy.
- Participates in appropriate and approved educational and
clinical research activities in physical therapy. Participates in
specialized patient care clinics outside the department.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and review of
departmental patient care programs. Performs other duties as needed
in the areas of staff education, departmental operations, and
- Supervises the work of Home Health Aides according to
regulation and agency policy. Demonstrates on-going progress toward
meeting the criteria for professional practice.
- In accordance with agency policy, provides accurate, timely
documentation of physical therapy patient management (including
assessment for adaptive equipment).
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in physical
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a
bachelors, masters or doctoral degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Physical Therapist License (California)
- Basic Life Support
- Driver's License (California)
- Physical Therapy Specialist Certificate
- Knowledge of Medicare conditions of participation and
- Clinically skilled to detect early warning signs of
complications including medical assessments of skin integrity,
- Able to differentiate emergent versus non emergent patient care
- Able to look at patient holistically, not just body part or
- Competent to remove staples/sutures in the home.
- Commitment to Service Orientation.
- Effective English written and oral communication
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience in an automated clinical information system
- Experience in assessment of high mobility equipment
- Computer literate preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,Roseville,Roseville 1680 E. Roseville
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, *On Call; Weekend and
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A19-IFPTE-Local 20
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Continuing Care
Department : Roseville Hospital - Home Health - 0201
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Roseville , Physical Therapist Home Health On-Call, Healthcare , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!