RN Magnet Program Director
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Job Summary: Coordinates activities required to attain and
maintain ANCC Magnet designation for the Northern California
region. Initial work is focused on assessment and gap analysis.
Facilitates and oversees application submission, document
preparation, and project management. Analyzes and presents key
quality and patient satisfaction outcomes to nursing leaders,
executive leadership, and frontline staff at the local facility,
and supports the team to develop and track progress of their
improvement plan. Attends and facilitates local Magnet
committees/councils and organization-wide committees/councils as
designated by the CNE. Fosters a culture of excellence and
assimilates professional practice model into the Magnet
- Serves the role of content expert for the organization related
to the 5 Magnet domains transformational leadership, structural
empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, and
- Coordinates activities with Nursing Leadership (CNE, Directors
and Nurse Managers). Facilitates and supports the design and
execution of nursing research projects and practice and ensures
compliance with IRB approval standards and guidelines. Fosters and
educates nurse leaders and frontline staff on research studies.
Promote and socialize the Professional Nursing Practice Model.
- Drives process improvement projects and ensure care-delivery
system is in alignment with Magnet standards. Supports performance
improvement for process and systems issues. -Identifies problem and
opportunity areas internally and externally and develops solutions.
-Facilitates project planning and goal setting processes.
- Develops and maintains emphasis on evidence-based practice
through modeling, mentoring, facilitating and educating to ensure
key learnings are being communicated.
- Acts as a liaison between relevant departments and nursing
councils to ensure potential needs and solutions are being
addressed aimed at maintaining and improving organizational
standing (accreditations, licensing, strategic goals).
- Participates in the development of a culture of excellence.
Promotes best practices. Fosters shared governance councils and
seeks opportunities to serve as mentor. Supports membership drives
for local and Regional councils. -Networks with Regional PCS Magnet
team and peers across the Region organization via committees,
meetings, email groups, etc.
- Educates nursing leaders and frontline nurses on the KP
Mentoring site and mentorship programs. Educates frontline staff
and nursing leaders on KP Nurse Scholars Academy programs. Promotes
professional and specialty certification. Collaborates with
academic agencies to coordinate accomplishment of student learning
and research objectives. -
- Acts as a thought leader to the VP-Chief Nurse Executive.
-Works with CNEs to develop and implement a shared decision-making
model around practice.
- Ensures mentoring, succession planning and nurse advocacy are
taking place at all nursing management level Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical experience as an RN.
- Minimum of three (3) years of nurse leader experience
- Minimum of one (1) year Magnet experience including supporting,
participating, coordinating or leading RN magnet projects or
- Masters degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Demonstrated clinical nursing leadership including experience
as charge nurse, participation in professional committees that
include unit based teams (UBT), completion of RN Leadership or
demonstrated experiential exposure to RN leadership.
- National certification in specialty within two (2) years from
date of hire.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions and
ther forms of written documents such as safety rules, professional
journals, technical procedures and forms.
- Requires adaptability with regular interpersonal contact.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Knowledgeable of Magnet designation requirements.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Effective communication and public relations skills.
- Strong computer program skills: Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Innovative and creative; able to motivate and inspire
- Ability to effectively interact with many people at all levels
of the organization and across a broad range of cultural
backgrounds and ages
- Ability to work independently with little or no
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in
accordance to hospital policy.
- Strong facilitation and influencer skills.
- Able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
- Experience in conducting and/or overseeing IRB research
- Experience in nursing education and training.PrimaryLocation :
California,Roseville,Roseville HospitalHoursPerWeek : 40Shift :
DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,WorkingHoursStart : 08:00
AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type :
StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union EmployeeJob Level : Individual
ContributorJob Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse
PractitionersDepartment : Roseville Hospital - Nursing
Administration - 0201Travel : Yes, 5 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and
inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, Roseville , RN Magnet Program Director, Executive , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...