Sr. Manager Silicon Design Engineering
Posted on: January 16, 2022
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
Experienced Design Verification Manager
The successful candidate will lead AMD's System Management Unit
(SMU) IP Verification team. As a leader of the verification team,
you will own and guide the development and verification SMU
subsystem. This group owns digital hardware verification and
embedded software debug. Your hands-on mentorship of the small and
hardworking verification engineering team will improve hardware and
software security, cryptography, and computer architecture through
the development of the secure boot and initialization firmware.
An experienced verification manager who has experience in leading
teams to successful tape-outs.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work well as a
mentor and to collaborate with our SoC integration and SoC DV
teams. We value high analytical and problem-solving skills with
close attention to detail.
- Lead the pre-silicon functional verification team, the team
with a mandate to perform Hardware/Firmware co-verification using
UVM System Verilog and C-DPI structured testbench.
- Build test plans and drive verification and debug of embedded
boot firmware functionality to complete functional test and code
- Develop and modify the System Verilog and C driven testbench
and bus functional models as required to manage the verification
- Develop and execute subsystem tests using FW/HW co-verification
methodology; and improve verification metrics
- Debugging test failures to determine if it is a design or
verification test defect, correcting test issues and working with
the design team to correct defects.
- Collaborate with a project manager and leaders on the subsystem
verification delivery against the milestone requirements and
- Collaborate with team technical leads and architects on the
process, methodology, and technical enhancements to design
verification, to drive continuous improvement and positive
- Proven experience in verifying commercially successful IPs,
Subsystems, and or SoCs
- Strong ability to provide mentorship and guidance to junior and
senior engineers, a very effective team player, must have strong
technical management skills and provide a positive influence on
team morale and culture
- Must be expert in System Verilog, UVM and proficient in C-DPI
- Proficient in object-oriented programming (C++), scripting
(Ruby, Python, Perl), and low-level programming languages
- Excellent knowledge about standard bus/interface protocols
(i.e., AXI, AHB, AMBA)
- Must be a self-starter, and able to drive independently and
efficiently challenging and time-critical tasks to on-time
- Strong communication, Time Management, and Presentation
- Major in Electronics and or Computer Engineering
- Master's Degree preferred
- AMD employees who will be working onsite at an AMD US facility,
are encouraged to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 upon their start date. This is for the safety of our
employees, and to permit AMD to be prepared in the event the stay
on Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols
for Federal Contractors is lifted. AMD is not requiring exemption /
accommodation submittals at this time.
Requisition Number: 85914
Country: United States State: California City: Roseville
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Roseville , Sr. Manager Silicon Design Engineering, Executive , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!