Claims Service Manager
Company: PMA Companies
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Opportunity If you are an experienced, market-facing, service
oriented professional with the desire to make an impact with an
exceptional service organization that is expanding its footprint in
the California marketplace, LOOK NO FURTHER! Building upon our
successes in other parts of the country, PMA Companies is expanding
West, and looking to add to our growing team. Company OverviewPMA
Companies, an Old Republic Company, was founded in 1915. PMA is a
diversified insurance company offering workers' compensation,
casualty insurance, captives, and TPA and risk services. PMA has a
long-established history of providing outstanding client service to
our broker partners and TPA and Insured clients. As part of our
Client Service team, you will serve as coordinator of
implementation and claims service delivery for assigned clients.
Use your knowledge of workers' compensation and casualty claims to
effectively and efficiently partner with PMA departments to provide
superior client service to self- insured and insured business while
assisting PMA in meetings its business objectives. Services will be
delivered through a combination of in person and virtual
interactions with the client and broker. This position can be based
in either Southern or Northern California. Responsibilities
- Participate in new business presentations and broker
- Coordinate orientation /implementation of new clients and serve
as a point of contact for all service issues.
- Assist local leadership team in introducing PMA Companies to
the marketplace through broker interactions, networking events,
industry and specialty functions/conferences, etc
- Coordinate vendor management, facilitate account improvement
process, coordinate feedback to service team on trends and deliver
stewardship reports and claim reviews.
- Maintain ongoing and effective communication with client,
broker, and PMA departments.
- Integral part of PMA account management team and key
participant in internal account management meetings, the primary
goal of which is to ensure that PMA achieves its business
objectives and clients are preforming at an optimal level.
- Interface with Managed Care to leverage our capabilities and
differentiate PMA in the marketplace.
- Communicate claim handling philosophy/guidelines/best practices
to brokers and clients.
- Analyze, document, communicate and implement Special Handling
Instructions while adhering to the PMA exception process for
insured and PMAIC unbundled accounts.
- Assist Underwriter/ Account Executive with the evaluation of
the cost of services by client. This communication occurs
throughout the life of the policy/contract and during account
- Communicate the financial impact of services and claims
activity trend analysis to clients and brokers through business
analytics and impactful stewardship reporting.
- Partner with Risk Control on trend analysis, benchmarking and
data analytics activities for Insured accounts and involve RC in
self-insured business based on contract or account improvement
- Understand and integrate PMA Enhanced Services to assist TPA
clients in reducing total cost of risk
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct
and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and
procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities
in the performance of work. Job Requirements:
- Five plus years of insurance/self-insurance and/or risk
- Workers Compensation and Casualty Claims experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and active listening
- Strong data analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Customer Service orientation
- Associate in Claims (AIC), Chartered Property Casualty
Insurance (CPCU) designation or Risk Management designation
Keywords: PMA Companies, Roseville , Claims Service Manager, Executive , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!