Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Nevada City
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Overview:NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting
services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions
through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance,
Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With
offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design,
build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the
communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,
environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role
in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are
looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused
on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 in Nevada City, California is looking for a Senior Geotechnical
Engineer/Group Manager to manage the Nevada City geotechnical
engineering group, including management of engineering design
projects, construction materials testing projects, and NV5
geotechnical staff. The position includes planning and supervising
of work requiring judgment and independent evaluation in the
selection and execution of geotechnical engineering design. A
senior level engineer acts as a resource and specialist in the
application of advanced engineering theories, concepts, and
principles in their discipline. The Senior Engineer works with
minimal supervision under the Location
- In a supervisory capacity, plans, develops, coordinates, and
directs large and small projects with complex features.
- Supervises professional and technical staff in the Nevada City
geotechnical group. Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work
of other professionals and other technical or administrative
personnel who assist in specific assignments. Serves as a staff
advisor and technical consultant.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments that require the
development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Develops and reviews of proposals and reports.
- Attracts and develops clients; maintains a close relationship
with clients throughout and beyond the project term.
- Assists in establishing policies and technical procedures, and
assists in developing new markets in professional
Bachelor's degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering. Master's
- Minimum ten years experience as a registered engineer in
- Ability to design and prepare construction plans and
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements and industry
standards for the types of projects performed.
- Demonstrated knowledge and appropriate application of testing
methodologies and related equipment.
- Competent report writing, language usage, grammar, spelling,
punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Must have valid driver's license and an insurable driving
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials
up to 50 pounds.
- Able to perform general office administrative activities:
copying, filing, and frequent use of telephone and keyboard to
Professional PE Required. GE, PG, and CEG desirable
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and
professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed,
citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing
non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Roseville , Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Engineering , Nevada City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!