Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 14, 2022
This position will be part of the surgical services team within
the Medical Office Controller's department. Will provide analytic
and consultative support to the surgical leadership team on
operating room access and utilization. Supports individual
department chiefs and directors with department level surgical
reporting, financial budgeting and analysis. Will provide ad hoc
data reporting and support, data visualization and programming.
Should be comfortable extracting and manipulating data from
enterprise data sources using programming languages such as SAS,
SQL, Python or R.
Prepares financial reports and conducts comprehensive analyses with
written summaries to management. Responsibilities include compiling
and generating reports, providing supporting data for budget
purposes, providing consultative and advisory recommendations to
managers on data analysis and performance reporting, and working
with various financial leadership to develop departmental
operational and financial reports. Performs financial analysis upon
identification of variances, and coordinates with junior analysts
variance analysis process as defined. Participates in the planning
and development of regional, departmental and/or functional
budgets. May be responsible for budget system completion and high
level reviews. Participates in and/or leads projects of moderate to
complex scope as assigned.
- Initiates and facilitates investigation variances trends, cost
trends and utilization patterns and performs analysis.
- Coordinates process as defined.
- Ensures analyses are conducted in accordance with
- Designs analytical reports and prepares complex financial trend
and data analysis reports.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation, and
verification of analytic interpretation of financial reports and
- Proactively identifies potential data and analytical needs to
support management and performance monitoring requirements.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional,
departmental and/or functional budgets.
- May be responsible for budget system completion and high level
- Performs special projects/studies of moderate to complex scope
- Develops work plans independently.
- Completes structured projects with targeted analytical
outcomes, defined clients and project teams.
- Works autonomously and collaboratively with project teams and
- Identifies operational impact of analytical findings.
- Manages projects of moderate to complex scope with general
- Conducts ongoing user education and provides management
consultation on the use and interpretation of analyses, reports,
methodologies and source data and systems.
- Develop spreadsheet and database analyses for presentation and
analysis of financial reports.
- Coordinates and interacts with any of the following: Finance
Team, Revenue Cycle, Admin, Dept. Administrators & Chiefs, and
other organizational department leadership (as appropriate) in
providing analytical assistance within defined parameters.
- Facilitates data analysis for and gives presentations.
- Monitors compliance with policies and procedures related to
financial management and budget systems and related automated
- Minimum four (4) years of related experience in financial
analysis and budgeting.Education
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in
a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as present
values theory/cash flow analysis and accounting principles.
- Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct
- Advanced proficiency in PC based word processing and
spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as
graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication
- Ability to facilitate design and requirements definitions
meetings with a wide variety of managerial leaders.
- Knowledge/ability of detailed financial and operational data
anlaysis and consultative skills.
- Works under limited guidance; accountable to complete work
- May provide functional direction to junior finance staff.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience in both financial and operational data
- Skilled in various applications including MS Excel, Access,
VBA, SQL and KP Health Connect.
- Master's degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,Roseville,Roseville Eureka Medical
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Accounting, Finance & Actuarial Services
Department : Roseville Hospital - Medical Office Controllers -
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Roseville , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Roseville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!